These four award-winning, luxurious and stylish cottages are set in 8 acres of gardens and surrounded by over 250 acres of water meadows in the grounds of one of England’s most picturesque and historic watermills. Each of the four cottages achieved a VisitEngland Gold Award.
Enjoy gardens, water meadows and landscapes which inspired painter Sir Alfred Munnings born here in the Miller’s House in 1878 and who became President of the Royal Academy. (Munnings is subject of the film Summer in February, UK cinema release date 14th June 2013) His birthplace and home, The Miller’s House (4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms), with its classical proportions and large Georgian windows provides stunning views over the grounds and river and also offers a secure ‘child-friendly’ courtyard as well as a riverside garden. There is a choice of 2 bedroom cottages: The Lodge set in an enormous ½ acre walled garden and Mill Race Cottage with its beautiful plantsman’s garden with award-winning and rare plants stretching alongside 100 metres of riverbank. The one bedroom ‘Nest’ with a terrace directly over the mill steam is ideal for couples and comes complete with a modern, recital quality grand piano!
James and Nick, the owners, live on the estate too. Not only will we be here to welcome you but we’ll also be around if you need suggestions on places to visit, pubs and restaurants to drink or eat at etc.. We’ll also encourage you to use the rowing boat or canoes to experience the beauty of this wonderful river valley with its hundreds of acres of unspoiled water meadows and abundant wildlife. We want you to have a wonderful and memorable holiday.
- 8 acres of gardens and water meadows
- Extensive private fishing (in season) on main river and mill stream
- Two canoes and a rowing boat for exploring the river
- All cottages fully equipped with large LCD Freeview TVs, washing machines, dishwashers, full central heating etc.
- Free Wi-Fi internet access in all cottages
- Each cottage has a private garden or terrace complete with BBQ, tables and chairs (tables and chairs are also dotted elsewhere around the grounds)
- Luxuriously furnished with high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, summer, autumn and winter duvets as required and fluffy white towels.
- 5 minutes walk from village pub (with restaurant for lunch and dinner)
'Perfect, just perfect'
'Mendham Mill is like Narnia, simply another world'
Please take a look at other comments from visitors.